How To Verify Your Business Facebook Page
Want to add a layer of integrity to your business's Facebook presence?
Need your business to appear higher up in Facebook search results and receive a nice tick next to your business name?
You've come to the right place! We've put together a step-by-step guide on how to achieve all of the above.
Some Best Practices
When you submit your business page to receive a verification badge, Facebook will review your request based on a number of factors. While the public isn't told exactly what these are, it's a good idea to ensure that your page has the following:
- A website listed in the information section
- An address
- A phone number
- A description in the 'About' section
- Plenty of original posts and content
These factors will signal to Facebook that you are a legitimate business. It will also signal to your audience that you are genuine.
A verification tick will dramatically affect the way your page is perceived in the following ways:
- Your page instantly looks more credible
- Users will be reassured they're in the right place if they need to interact with you
- Any announcements you make are viewed as more legitimate (as opposed to unofficial or fan pages)
As an added benefit, your page will also show up higher on Facebook and Google's search pages. Happy days!
How To Get Your Page Verified
- Go to your page's Business Manager
- Click Settings at the top of the page
- In the General section, click on Page Verification
- Click Verify This Page
- Enter your business phone number, language, and country
- Click Call Me Now
- Facebook will text you a 4-digit verification code. Enter this code and click Continue
Once you've typed in the code, Facebook will review your information. Within a few days, you should have your very own grey verification tick!
Looking for other smart ways to boost your Facebook presence? Get social with one of our Mint Design specialists. We'll make a plan to help you reach your business goals and engage with your customers.